Get fit and stay fit!
Heidi has been teaching exercise to people of all ages and ability levels for more than 25 years. She began teaching water aerobics in 1992. Since that time she has taught low-impact and step aerobics, stretching, ballet barre, strength training, interval training, yoga & the GYROTONIC® method. She has taught individuals and groups in a variety of settings including college campuses and out-patient rehabilitation centers. She believes everyone can enjoy incorporating consistent and beneficial physical activity into their lives. She founded her own exercise training business–Exercise Wise–in 1999.
Certifications & Trainings include:
- Level I & II GYROTONIC® Instructor
- GYROTONIC® Jumping Stretching Board Instructor
- GYROTONIC® Leg Extension Unit Instructor
- GYROTONIC® Archway™ Instructor
- GYROTONIC® Gyrotoner® Instructor
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Fascial Body
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Pelvic Girdle
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Shoulder Girdle
- GYROTONIC® Applications for Golf
- GYROTONIC® Applications for Tennis
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-EP-C): American College of Sports Medicine, 1998-present
- BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Registered Yoga Teacher (200 hr level): Yoga Alliance
In 2001, Heidi completed 650 hours of massage therapy training at the Kaleidoscope School of Massage Therapy. The training included an in-depth study of Anatomy and Physiology. She maintained her license in massage therapy from 2002 to 2006. In 2006 she began her study of the GYROTONIC® method.
Heidi Johnson earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from DePauw University in 1991 and went on to complete her Master of Social Work degree from Washington University in St. Louis in 1995.